First and foremost, review your project budget and timeline, and discuss whether your building is intended for temporary or permanent use. This will determine what type of foundation your structure will require and inform what kinds of materials will be used to construct the modules.
To ensure you and your modular construction provider are developing a building solution that is comprehensive and unique to your needs, discuss the purpose of your building and who will be occupying the space. Your modular construction provider will be better able to consult you and suggest building features such as open spaces for cubicles, or classrooms with lab stations, depending on your needs.
Other design considerations:
- What kind of landscaping or cement work will you need?
- What building codes need to be met?
- What types of spaces and/or rooms do you need, i.e. bathrooms, hallways, closets or storage rooms?
- How many floors is your building? Will you need an elevator, stairwells?
- What should the exterior finishes look like such as type of siding, roof, covered walkways, etc.?
- Do you need handicap accessible entry points?
- What type of utility hookups do you need and where?
Have questions about how SMM can assist you during the design process of your modular project? Contact us today!